Sleep Training Your Baby: 5 Tips for a Better Sleep Tonight
Is your baby’s sleep keeping you up at night? Does he or she only sleep when in your arms? Do you have to let your baby cry to get through the night?
You don’t have to suffer anymore! With these five baby sleep training tips, you can get a better night’s sleep tonight.
1) Infants need at least 13 hours of sleep
It’s no secret that infants need a lot of sleep. In fact, they need at least 13 hours of sleep every day.
However, sometimes it can be difficult to get them to sleep through the night. If you’re struggling with sleep training your baby, here are five tips that may help
2) The first step to better sleep is putting your baby on a schedule
A regular sleep schedule is key for both you and your baby. When you know when your baby should be sleeping, it’s easier to stick to a routine.
Plus, having a set schedule will help your baby’s little body get used to a regular sleep pattern. Here are five tips to help you get started:
1. Set a regular bedtime and wake time for your baby.
2. Put your baby down drowsy, but awake.
3) Keep lights low
You want to avoid overstimulating your baby before bedtime, so keep the lights low in the evening. This will cue their body that it’s time to start winding down for the night.
4) Set up an environment conducive to sleep
You want to create an environment that is conducive to sleep. This means making sure the room is dark, quiet, and cool.
You may also want to consider using a white noise machine to help your baby fall asleep and stay asleep.
5) If all else fails, use cry it out methods
Sometimes, no matter how much you try to help your baby sleep through the night, they just won’t. If this is the case, you may have to resort to cry it out methods.
This can be tough, but sometimes it’s necessary. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Make sure your baby is well-fed and sleepy before starting.
2. Put them in their crib or bed awake and let them cry until they fall asleep.
This is covered in 5 Tips for a Better Sleep Tonight