How to link your Ghana card to your GCB bank account in minutes
Ghana Card is the biometric National Identification Card for Ghanaians. It is issued by the Ghana Card Agency, an entity established by the government of Ghana under the Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government to administer the card program.
It was launched on 15th September, 2017 by the Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia to streamline government services and reduce fraud and corruption due to multiple identities in the country.
The card replaces all other forms of ID cards as well as birth certificates, proof of residence and other documents previously used to verify one’s identity in Ghana.
Things you need
A copy of your current GCB bank account and the Ghana Card. Go to any GCB branch and request for a link of your Ghana card to your Bank account.
Let them scan your identity card and they will give you a temporary number (code) which is use only but is activated immediately. Whether you’re a tourist, business traveller or living here for good; all expats need one thing: a Ghana Card.
With a Ghana Card, you can make cash withdrawals from ATMs, get discounts at shops around town and pay for goods online. It is one of the easiest ways to keep your money safe and always with you.
And there’s never been an easier way to do it than today. Registering and linking your card to your Bank account is now as easy as never before!
Step 2 – Confirming Identity
This is where you will confirm that you are who you say you are using what’s called Know Your Customer (KYC). Think of it as having a government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license, for online banking and shopping.
Some banks also require an address and proof of income. Depending on how much information is required, and which service provider you choose, it can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes or more to fully complete your requirements.
Step 3 – Confirming Personal details
On confirmation of personal details, you will be directed back to your login page. At that point, you can log in with your username and password. You will then be taken to a page that looks like below
Step 4 – Authorizing The Transaction
Customers of financial institutions governed by the Bank of Ghana shall make any adjustments to their accounts required by this Notice using the Ghana Card at such institutions.
Linking Your Ghana Card to GCB
1. Click Here to Access the GCB Ghana Card Link Portal https://epay.gcbltd.com:200/
2. Then select “Link My Card.”
3. Then click “Continue” after entering your GCB Bank account number in the appropriate field.
4. Then decide whether you want to get an OTP Code via your active email address or phone number.
5. To authenticate the account, check the OTP code.
then input the ID number located on your Ghana Card.
6. To link your Ghana card to your GCB bank account, take a picture of it and upload it.
How To Check Your Ghana Card Linkage Status
- Click Here https://epay.gcbltd.com:200/ to Access the GCB Ghana Card Link Portal
2. Click “Ghana Card Linkage Status” after that.
3. Then select “Continue” after entering your Ghana Card number.
4. From here, you may learn more about whether your bank account and Ghana Card have been successfully linked.
You’re all set!
Once you’ve linked your cards, there’s nothing else to do. Don’t worry about remembering to re-link every time – GCB will keep track of it for you. So get out there and enjoy your day!
This is covered in How To Link Your Ghana Card to your GCB Bank Account