REGISTRATION OF DEFAULTERS AND PRIVATE CANDIDATES OPENS FOR 2023/2024 SERVICE YEAR
A section of the letter reads:
- The Management of the National Service Scheme (NSS) wishes to announce to the general public that defaulters and private candidates’ registration for the 2023/24 service year is officially opened for Ghanaian citizens who missed the opportunity to do their national service in previous years after completing tertiary education.
- Persons eligible to partake in the registration also include previous applicants who
started but could notcomplete their national service, private applicants who are certified by accredited institutions, and Ghanaian nationals who have studied abroad.
- Eligible applicants are thus, required to submit a letter requesting a PIN code or reactivation of PIN code, a certified true copy of School Certificate or Transcript, Evidence of Deferment Letter(if applicable), an Attestation/Introductory Letter from the institution attended, a copyof Ghana Card and a copy of Student ID with original copy for checks and for foreign students, a proof of study abroad.
- All eligible candidates are required to submit registration documents to any of the Regional Offices of the Scheme or to the NSS Headquarters in Accra from Wednesday, 1st March, 2023 to Friday, June 30, 2023.
- The general public is reminded that the National Service Act, (Act 426) of 1980 makes it mandatory for Ghanaian citizens 18 years and above who have completed accredited tertiary institutions to undertake national service to the State.
CORPORATE AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT, NSS
Read Full Details Here!
Recommended reading: Finish SIM re-registration within two weeks – NCA