Popular and Famous Quotes Of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah About Africa
Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, the first President of Ghana and a prominent leader in the African independence movement, was known for his powerful words that inspired and guided the people of Africa.
Here are some popular and famous quotes by Dr. Kwame Nkrumah about Africa that you must know:
1. “I am not African because I was born in Africa, but because Africa was born in me.” This quote encapsulates Nkrumah’s deep connection and pride in his African heritage.
2. “Seek ye first the political kingdom, and all else shall be added unto you.” Nkrumah emphasized the importance of political independence as a foundation for progress and development in Africa.
3. “We face neither East nor West; we face forward.” Nkrumah advocated for African unity and encouraged African nations to look beyond colonial divisions and work together towards a brighter future.
4. “Freedom is not something that one people can bestow on another as a gift. They claim it as their own and none can keep it from them.” This quote emphasizes Nkrumah’s belief in the inherent right of African people to freedom and self-determination.
5. “It is far better to be free to govern or misgovern yourself than to be governed by anybody else.” Nkrumah stressed the importance of African nations taking control of their own destinies and being responsible for their own governance.
6. “We prefer self-government with danger to servitude in tranquility.” Nkrumah believed that even though the path to self-government might be challenging, it was preferable to remaining under colonial rule.
7. “We must unite now or perish.” This quote highlights Nkrumah’s call for African unity as a means to overcome the challenges faced by individual nations.
8. “Thought without practice is empty; action without thought is blind.” Nkrumah stressed the importance of combining strategic thinking with decisive action to bring about meaningful change.
9. “We must move forward in the days ahead with bold steps, not merely looking back to the past.” Nkrumah encouraged Africans to focus on progress and development rather than dwelling on past injustices.
10. “The forces that unite us are intrinsic and greater than the superimposed influences that keep us apart.” Nkrumah believed that the common bonds shared by African nations were stronger than any external divisions imposed upon them.
These quotes by Dr. Kwame Nkrumah continue to resonate with Africans, reminding them of their collective strength, resilience, and the importance of unity in achieving progress and liberation.
Recommended reading: HOW TO MAKE MONEY ON TIKTOK IN 2023 (TESTED)