SWITCH 3.1 Bachelor of Education Programme – 2023.
1. Who qualifies to apply?
– Any teacher from anywhere across Ghana who has a degree in basic education and wish to have another degree in secondary education.
Diploma or HND holders do not qualify to apply.
– If you are already at the senior high school and do not hold the requisite qualification to teach the subject you are handling, this is an opportunity to acquire the certificate.
2. What is the duration of the programe?
Is three (3) semesters in one year. Is a specialisation programme which would afford learners indept knowledge in content and pedagogical skills. There will be teaching practice aspect at the senior high school under supervision.
3. How is the programme going to be organised?
– weekends lecture on face to face and a midweek lecture on zoom.
4. How much will the programme cost?
– it starts with the purchasing of the forms for one hundred and fifty-five cedis at the specified banks or through momo to generate your pin for the online application via https://apply.ucc.edu.gh/auth/verify
– Fees per semester ranges between 1500 to 1600 with flexible terms of payment.
5. Study centers for the programme?
We have study centers across all the 10 regional capitals and other centers would be created based on the location of majority of the applicants to ensure the study centers are closer to the students.
In the interim, these are the study centres;1. Kumasi
5. Sefwi wiaso
14. Cape coast
Other centres may be created to ensure conveniency.
6. I am already teaching a subject at the Senior high school, can I apply to acquire a new certificate in other fields?
– yes and no. Yes if you pursued that course as a minor at the university or it is part of the subjects you pursued at the senior high school level then you can. However an Arts student can not switch to pursue a science programme.
7. Will students be allowed to major in some areas?
– yes, the programme is a specialisation programme. The sciences involves specialisation in physics, chemistry or biology. Home economics involves specialisation in food and nutrition or clothing and textiles. Core mathematics and elective mathematics.
8. Is it just a certificate programme?*
– No, is a full time university programme just that you are being admitted at level 300 to specialise and complete because you have the fundamentals already. Is the reason why it is a three semester programme. The programme has been fully mounted on the University of Cape Coast platform.
With any other concerns or questions, there are contacts on the flyer to help you.
Kind courtesy Ashanti GNAT/UCC
Recommended reading: HOW TO APPLY FOR GHANAIAN PASSPORT IN TWO WEEKS